Cheesy Olive Snacks
"When guests stop by unexpectedly, this is an ideal recipe to whip up," assures Alma Hardy of Tulsa, Oklahoma. "The olives and onion provide a unique flavor. Many people have complimented me on it."
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup grated process American cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 to 6 English muffins, split
- Combine the cheese, olives and onion. Spread over muffin halves.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese is
- melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 101 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.