Cheesy O'Brien Egg Scramble Recipe
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, prepare hash browns according to package directions. sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with soup. Set aside 1/2 cup of bacon; sprinkle remaining bacon over soup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In another large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Spoon over bacon. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy O'Brien Egg Scramble
Sort By :
I really like this. I use half as much cheddar and it still tastes great. Next time I will try to save time by using pre-cooked hash brown patties to use as the crust. I also use a carton of egg beaters in place of about 7 of the eggs (again to save time). Still tastes great.
My girls request this as their special birthday food! I also make it every Christmas morning. This time I made it with the hash brown patties that you can put in the toaster, as the bottom layer. I toasted them up a bit and made a single layer in the bottom of the casserole dish, breaking up to fill in spaces. Turned out great and save cleaning up a frying pan!
I actually made this for a dinner.
I used half a pound pork sausage instead of the bacon. It was awesome! All my kids loved it! My 4 year old, who I usually have to force feed asked for seconds. This is definitely a new fave.
I have also used smoked bacon with this and it's just great!!!!!
i make this at least once a month, more if my family has their way. they are meat eaters so i add half pound bacon and half pound sausage to it i put it together the night before and all i have to do in the am is preheat the oven and cook!!!!! its great
i have even used left over baked chicken or roast beef chopped up and some peas and carrots. it is an easy dinner.