Cheesy O'Brien Egg Scramble Recipe
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, prepare hash browns according to package directions. sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with soup. Set aside 1/2 cup of bacon; sprinkle remaining bacon over soup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In another large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Spoon over bacon. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy O'Brien Egg Scramble(7)
Sort By :
My girls request this as their special birthday food! I also make it every Christmas morning. This time I made it with the hash brown patties that you can put in the toaster, as the bottom layer. I toasted them up a bit and made a single layer in the bottom of the casserole dish, breaking up to fill in spaces. Turned out great and save cleaning up a frying pan!
I actually made this for a dinner.
I used half a pound pork sausage instead of the bacon. It was awesome! All my kids loved it! My 4 year old, who I usually have to force feed asked for seconds. This is definitely a new fave.
I have also used smoked bacon with this and it's just great!!!!!
i make this at least once a month, more if my family has their way. they are meat eaters so i add half pound bacon and half pound sausage to it i put it together the night before and all i have to do in the am is preheat the oven and cook!!!!! its great
i have even used left over baked chicken or roast beef chopped up and some peas and carrots. it is an easy dinner.
This was printed in Taste of Home eons ago when my mother subsribed to it. I have made it many times and even my picky son loves it. I have also substituted a pound of sausage for the bacon.