Cheesy Mushroom Morsels Recipe
There's plenty of happy munching all around the table when I dish up these luscious morsels. Ideal for a large crowd, they taste like quiche without the crust or the fuss.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing YIELD:48 servings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add green pepper and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, flour, baking powder, salt, basil and nutmeg. Add mushroom mixture. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Yield: about 12 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC