- 1 small loaf French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread slices on baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add sherry, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are golden.
- Spoon mixture evenly over bread. Layer with French Fried Onions and cheeses, beginning and ending with onions. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden. Serve warm. Yield: 7 appetizers.
Originally published as Cheesy Mushroom Crostini in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Mushroom Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bruschetta >