Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup
"My sister, Cari O'Shea, brought this soup to a New Year's Eve family get-together," recalls Sandra Goetzinger-Andrews of Hiawatha, Iowa. "I was hesitant to try it, but one taste and I was hooked. It makes a large batch, so I freeze leftovers in single-serving containers to take to work for lunch."
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min.
- 6 cups water
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add hash browns, vegetables
- and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Stir in the cheese, soup and milk; cook and
- stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately, or cool and freeze
- for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan,
- adding additional milk if desired to achieve desired thickness.
- Yield: 14 servings.
To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan, adding additional milk if desired to achieve desired thickness.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium,