Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add hash browns, vegetables and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cheese, soup and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately, or cool and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 2. To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan, adding additional milk if desired to achieve desired thickness. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 194 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup
"This is easy to prepare and tasty."
"Very good, my family loved it! I will add peeled, diced red potatoes next time as the hash browns tend to fall apart since I like firmer potatoes in my soups and I may add a small bag of frozen broccoli since the California blend vegetables didn't have much broccoli in it, all in all though, it was great making it just as the recipe states. Definitely will make this again!"
"My entire family enjoyed this filling no-meat soup. I used cubed potatoes instead of shredded and vegetables that I knew my family liked."
"I have made this soup numerous times and love it! I've taken it as a dish-to-pass and have always been asked for the recipe."
"I've neer been disappointed by a TOH recipe until now. Super easy though. The hashbrowns were soggy & limp. Not tasty."
"I have made this recipe several times over the years and it makes a really large amount. It is great for those big family and friend gatherings. I pair it with some bread and salad, it is a good recipe."
"I just made this soup for a light supper. It was easy, and soooo delicious!! I didn't have any frozen hash browns, so I diced up about 6 large potatoes and parcooked them in the water a bit before I added the frozen vegetables. It was a big hit served with buttered rolls, and a salad on a cold, snowy evening in front of the fireplace. I certainly will be making this again soon!!!"