Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup Recipe
"My sister, Cari O'Shea, brought this soup to a New Year's Eve family get-together," recalls Sandra Goetzinger-Andrews of Hiawatha, Iowa. "I was hesitant to try it, but one taste and I was hooked. It makes a large batch, so I freeze leftovers in single-serving containers to take to work for lunch."
- 6 cups water
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add hash browns, vegetables and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cheese, soup and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately, or cool and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 2. To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan, adding additional milk if desired to achieve desired thickness. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC