- 6 cups water
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add hash browns, vegetables and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cheese, soup and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately, or cool and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan, adding additional milk if desired to achieve desired thickness. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Mixed-Vegetable Soup
"This is easy to prepare and tasty."
"Very good, my family loved it! I will add peeled, diced red potatoes next time as the hash browns tend to fall apart since I like firmer potatoes in my soups and I may add a small bag of frozen broccoli since the California blend vegetables didn't have much broccoli in it, all in all though, it was great making it just as the recipe states. Definitely will make this again!"
"My entire family enjoyed this filling no-meat soup. I used cubed potatoes instead of shredded and vegetables that I knew my family liked."
"I have made this soup numerous times and love it! I've taken it as a dish-to-pass and have always been asked for the recipe."
"I've neer been disappointed by a TOH recipe until now. Super easy though. The hashbrowns were soggy & limp. Not tasty."