Cheesy Mexican Chili
"My husband, Ron, and I farm," relates Chris Severson of Emerson, Nebraska. "I prepare this chili and take it out to the field during harvest. It's filling, warm and satisfies the hungry field hands' appetites."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes
- and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,157 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.