Cheesy Mexican Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 373 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chili
"this is not Chili!!! This is a very fattening Dip. There are other chili recipes one can use. Your best bet is one from Texas."
"I thought this was way too cheesy for chili. However, the taste is very good & it makes an excellent dip. I added a can of chili beans."
"Delicious! I loved this and so did my dinner guests who were children."
"i used a jar of homemade salsa. delicious recipe. can't wait to make again!"
"This was delicious.I made a couple of changes. I used Mexican Velveeta,, eliminated the stewed tomatoes and used 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies. You could probably use 2 lbs. of ground beef with no problems. Very Spicy and good!"
"I used 1 can chili beans and 1 can black beans instead of red. Also used mexican style stewed tomatoes. Very rich but very tasty."
"Very good receipe except this is more of a dip than a chili. Very good with chips."