- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chili
Sort By :
"this is not Chili!!! This is a very fattening Dip. There are other chili recipes one can use. Your best bet is one from Texas."
"I thought this was way too cheesy for chili. However, the taste is very good & it makes an excellent dip. I added a can of chili beans."
"Delicious! I loved this and so did my dinner guests who were children."
"i used a jar of homemade salsa. delicious recipe. can't wait to make again!"
"This was delicious.I made a couple of changes. I used Mexican Velveeta,, eliminated the stewed tomatoes and used 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies. You could probably use 2 lbs. of ground beef with no problems. Very Spicy and good!"