"My husband, Ron, and I farm," relates Chris Severson of Emerson, Nebraska. "I prepare this chili and take it out to the field during harvest. It's filling, warm and satisfies the hungry field hands' appetites."
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Taco Chili in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p44
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review