- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chili
Sort By :
this is not Chili!!! This is a very fattening Dip. There are other chili recipes one can use. Your best bet is one from Texas.
I thought this was way too cheesy for chili. However, the taste is very good & it makes an excellent dip. I added a can of chili beans.
Delicious! I loved this and so did my dinner guests who were children.
i used a jar of homemade salsa. delicious recipe. can't wait to make again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cajun Chili Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >