I was hosting a baby shower and wanted to serve something everyone would enjoy. I created this recipe on a whim, so I was totally surprised that it turned out to be such a hit. —Tia Woodley, Stockbridge, Georgia
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, green pepper and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Alfredo in Casseroles Digest 2011 2011, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2014
"This is the best chicken alfredo i have ever ate, my family loves it,great for party's as well."