I was hosting a baby shower and wanted to serve something everyone would enjoy. I created this recipe on a whim, so I was totally surprised that it turned out to be such a hit. —Tia Woodley, Stockbridge, Georgia
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, green pepper and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Alfredo in Casseroles Digest 2011 2011, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review