- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 sleeve)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk egg, milk, minced onion, 2 tablespoons chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in crushed crackers. Add beef, sausage and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on greased racks in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 15-18 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, water, brown sugar and remaining chili powder. Gently stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meatballs are cooked through. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Meatballs in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p48
Reviews for Cheesy Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2015
"The whole family loved these meatballs. Easy. Might use less tomato soup next time- lots of extra sauce. Would definitely make again"