Cheesy Meat Loaf Pie
This is a tasty cross between meat loaf and pizza. Often, I divide it into two pans, bake one for me and freeze the other. That way, I'm ready for drop in company or potluck suppers. Tomato paste or spaghetti sauce can be substituted for ketchup in my meat pie. Cheese lovers might want to add mozzarella to the topping as well.Judy Foye, Freeport, Maine
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1
- in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Spread with
- ketchup. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, oregano and Parmesan
- cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and
- a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 404 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot