Cheesy Meat Loaf Pie Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Spread with ketchup. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 404 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.