Cheesy Meat Loaf Pie Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Spread with ketchup. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheesy Meat Loaf Pie(4)
Sort By :
Making this for tonight supper with minor changes ~ adding oregano to beef mixture, leaving out garlic salt (using minced garlic instead). Also usiung leftover spag. sauce for ketchup. Adding mozzarella instead of parmesan cheese (personal preference).
I followed the directions exactly, but ended up having to cook it for an hour and it was still pink. I didn't have a meat thermometer to test the temperature, so maybe it is just supposed to be pink but is still done after 20 minutes? After cooking for an hour we decided to just go ahead and eat it, and it was very yummy...but I am still puzzled about the cook time.
Super easy and very good. I do not like ketchup but it works well in this recipe. Next time I will try a mix of ketchup and pizza sauce.
My family loves it and it doesn't take as long to bake as traditional recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >