Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- 2. In a bowl, mash potatoes. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, egg, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 328 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
"The best darn cheesy mashed potato recipe the whole family can enjoy! Never have ANY leftover!!!"
"I made these to go with dinner tonight, an my husband has already requested that I make them more often! I'm thinking of playing with a couple different cheeses even. These potatoes were so creamy and delicious... Definitely a keeper!"
"Made this for Easter & everyone loved it! I did not add the onion. Next time I will only add 1 teaspoon of the salt - it was definitely too salty for my taste. Based on the expression on my mom's face, it was too salty for her, too, but she was too polite to say so."
"I didn't peel the potatoes, so it gave the dish an earthy, hearty feel and taste. I did decrease the cream cheese by half and used 1% milk to moisten and cut calories."
"this were a HUGE hit at our family Christmas gathering...will definitely make again!"
"These are great, although I had to substitute buttermilk for the sour cream and after I baked them, they were a little too dry. I'm thinking with the sour cream that wouldn't be an issue. Still, really tasty."
"Make these every Thanksgiving. They always go fast! Terrfic!"