Everyone who has tasted these creamy, cheesy potatoes asks how to make them. Since this comforting casserole bakes at the same temperature as my chicken bundles, I get it started in the oven and pop in the entree a little later. -Brad Moritz, Limerick, Pennsylvania
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, egg, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p31
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review