Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, egg, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
The best darn cheesy mashed potato recipe the whole family can enjoy! Never have ANY leftover!!!
I made these to go with dinner tonight, an my husband has already requested that I make them more often! I'm thinking of playing with a couple different cheeses even. These potatoes were so creamy and delicious... Definitely a keeper!
Made this for Easter & everyone loved it! I did not add the onion. Next time I will only add 1 teaspoon of the salt - it was definitely too salty for my taste. Based on the expression on my mom's face, it was too salty for her, too, but she was too polite to say so.
I didn't peel the potatoes, so it gave the dish an earthy, hearty feel and taste. I did decrease the cream cheese by half and used 1% milk to moisten and cut calories.
this were a HUGE hit at our family Christmas gathering...will definitely make again!