Cheesy Mashed Potato Cups
Our home economists doubled Jill Hancock’s mashed potato recipe for an extra batch to freeze. “It’s a nice alternative to the standard potatoes or rice,” Jill confirms from Nashua, New Hampshire.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until
- smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans;
- divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese;
- top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as
- directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).