Cheesy Mashed Potato Cups Recipe
Our home economists doubled Jill Hancock’s mashed potato recipe for an extra batch to freeze. “It’s a nice alternative to the standard potatoes or rice,” Jill confirms from Nashua, New Hampshire.
- 3-1/2 pounds cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Originally published as Cheesy Mashed Potato Cups in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potato Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review