Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
Be sure to leave room on the plate for light and creamy casserole. It's dressed up with green onions and melted cheddar cheese and gets its rich texture from the addition of reduced-fat sour cream. Donna Noel - Gray, Maine
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese and
- milk; stir in onions. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated
- with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375°
- for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.