Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese and milk; stir in onions. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Casserole in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p59
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2014
Excellent. Love the flavor the onions gave it.
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
Very Good. Double for company. Love the onions in it.
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
Still a comfort food without all the butter and cream or milk added. A keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >