Be sure to leave room on the plate for light and creamy casserole. It's dressed up with green onions and melted cheddar cheese and gets its rich texture from the addition of reduced-fat sour cream. Donna Noel - Gray, Maine
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese and milk; stir in onions. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Casserole in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p59
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2014
"Excellent. Love the flavor the onions gave it."
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
"Very Good. Double for company. Love the onions in it."
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
"Still a comfort food without all the butter and cream or milk added. A keeper!"