- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese and milk; stir in onions. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
"Wonderful for holiday or company - a lighter alternative, but still tasty..."
"Excellent. Love the flavor the onions gave it."
"Very Good. Double for company. Love the onions in it."
"Still a comfort food without all the butter and cream or milk added. A keeper!"