- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan; combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until
- sauce is reduced to 5 cups, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs and water. Combine flour and
- salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Cover and
- Heat 3/4 teaspoon oil in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir crepe
- batter; pour a scant 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and
- tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and
- cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with
- remaining batter, using remaining oil as needed. When cool, stack
- crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up
- and place 12 crepes in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dishes. Spoon sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 crepes equals 410 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,313 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.