Cheesy Mac 'N' Dogs Recipe
"I've made this casserole for 25 years and my family never gets tired of it," writes Sue Gonzales from her home in Fortson, Georgia. "I like to assemble it the night before, then pop it in the over after work. A tossed salad completes the meal nicely."
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 7 cooked hot dogs, diced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and cheese until cheese is melted.
- 2. Drain macaroni; stir into the cheese sauce. Add the hot dogs. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 499 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,336 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Mac 'N' Dogs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC