Cheesy Lasagna Recipe
The four different types of cheese make this lasagna a real crowd-pleaser. You can vary the amount of mozzarella, Monterey Jack, provolone and Parmesan to suit your preference. For our family, the more cheese, the better.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato paste, water, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar and garlic powder.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, spread 1 cup of meat sauce. Layer with three noodles, 1 cup meat sauce and mozzarella cheese; three noodles, 1 cup meat sauce and Monterey Jack cheese; three noodles, 1 cup meat sauce, provolone cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 368 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC