My children never seem to tire of pizza, but I get bored making it the same way. This recipe from a co-worker features a crust seasoned with spaghetti sauce mix for tasty results.— Connie Denmark, St. Joseph, Illinois
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, knead remaining spaghetti sauce mix into the bread dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with cottage cheese. Spoon meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Lasagna Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p267
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Lasagna Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review