Cheesy Lamb Cups
I first made this special main dish for a 4-H demonstration, and it won an award. Now it's a winner with my family.—Pat Horton, Riverton, Wyoming
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, bread crumbs and evaporated
- milk. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well.
- Press half of the mixture into 12 greased muffin cups, filling each
- half full. Press one cube of cheese into the center of each cup.
- Cover with the remaining lamb mixture, mounding each slightly. Bake
- at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- Meanwhile, combine the soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce in a small
- saucepan; heat through, stirring until smooth. Serve over lamb cups.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 507 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.