Cheesy Kraut Bratwursts Recipe
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 4 bratwurst buns, split
- 1. In a bowl, combine cheese and sauerkraut; set aside. Slice each bratwurst in half lengthwise but not all the way through; leave bottom attached. Spread cut sides with dressing; fill each with about 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 9-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 485 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer