Cheesy Kraut Bratwursts Recipe
We love this combination of sauerkraut, bratwurst and salad dressing. It's a hearty meal that you can serve with or without the buns.Sharon Crider, Junction City, Kansas
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 4 bratwurst buns, split
- In a bowl, combine cheese and sauerkraut; set aside. Slice each bratwurst in half lengthwise but not all the way through; leave bottom attached. Spread cut sides with dressing; fill each with about 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 9-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Kraut Bratwursts in Country Woman January/February 2004, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheesy Kraut Bratwursts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review