This hot dip is favored by family and friends so it always appears on my party menus. To avoid last-minute fuss, I assemble it the night before and bake it when I need it the next day.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Toasted baguette slices or pita chips
- In a small skillet, cook onions in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the onion mixture, spinach, artichokes, Monterey Jack and Swiss cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, thyme, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with baguette slices or pita chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review