We have six children, and they all enjoy these snack squares. I've given the recipe to a number of people, and they like to add their own twists to it.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons each caraway seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Thaw bread and let rise according to package directions. Pat into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seasonings and cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares in Country Extra November 1999, p51
Reviews for Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2014
"What a different take on this bread great for either a snack or at a meal - and so easy to make"