These scrambled eggs are one of the many hearty meals my family would enjoy before heading out to begin daily chores on the farm. The combination of herbs and cheese gives basic eggs a flavorful taste.
Featured In: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 16 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cream and lemon peel. Add eggs and seasonings; mix well. Stir in cheeses.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; pour in egg mixture. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Herbed Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p27
Reviews for Cheesy Herbed Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review