Cheesy Herb Pizza Recipe
Before I discovered this recipe, making really good pizza—especially the crust—was difficult. Now I get compliments on this pizza all the time!—Ms. Debbie Stieg, Ekalaka, Montana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough.
- 2. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; spoon over crust. Crumble meat mixture over sauce; top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- 3. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the pizza is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 each: 609 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Herb Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC