Cheesy Herb Pizza Recipe
Before I discovered this recipe, making really good pizza—especially the crust—was difficult. Now I get compliments on this pizza all the time!—Ms. Debbie Stieg, Ekalaka, Montana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough.
- 2. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; spoon over crust. Crumble meat mixture over sauce; top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- 3. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the pizza is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 each: 609 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Herb Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC