This savory bread recipe yields three mini loaves and is so versatile—you can mix up different herbs and cheeses to suit your family's taste.—Karen Paumen, Annandale, Minnesota
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Herb Quick Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p36
Reviews for Cheesy Herb Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review