Cheesy Hash Browns Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 398 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Browns
"These were pretty bland. Will have to kick them up a notch next time. I also used fresh potatoes so the time was much longer."
"Too much sour cream taste and not enough cheese taste. Husband not impressed either."
"added ham & 1/2 cup chicken broth. very good"