Cheesy Hash Browns Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream, reduced-fat soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 398 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.