Cheesy Hash Browns
Frozen hash browns and a canned soup make preparing this hash brown recipe from Christy Mahlum of Grand Junction, Michigan a cinch. With a cheesy topping, it's a yummy classic you're both sure to enjoy.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the potatoes,
- 1/2 cup cheese, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a 1-qt.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream, reduced-fat soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 398 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.