- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon
"Made this for Mother's Day brunch. Everyone loved it, even my brothers' picky family. I usually leave out the dill. Really, really good and so easy."
"I always make this when I have brunch and it is always gobbled up. Feel free to any of your vegetables you have - - a good, verisitable egg casserole."
"I make this for Christmas morning every year for those of us that does not care for chocolate gravy and it's alway's a hit!"
"I have made something similar to this but used Tex Mex cheese and seasoning salt for more flavor! It was such a hit in our house!"
"I make mine with jimmy dean sausage and add velvetta shreds to the mix. I am not sure about the dill, pretty much whatever you would put in an omelet you can make this casserole with. I also have cooked it over night in the crockpot on low..."