- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, flour and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
"I first made this casserole a number of years ago and it has remained a family favourite ever since. My son requests it as an accompaniment to chicken Kiev on his birthday every year. This is great with me because it's so fast and easy to make, everyone likes it, and any leftovers get eaten up quickly, usually the next day."
"A good basic recipe that is always a hit."
"SUPER YUM! I didn't include the flour and I cook it on a greased/sprayed with pam cookie sheet so that it is crispier. A total family favorite! THANK YOU!"
"I added Panko crumbs to topping.easy and Good"
"This recipe has become a standard for me. I think of it as an "easy" substitute for scalloped potatoes au gratin. I teach cooking classes and run a Community Center which offers a free lunch program weekly - this fits into my budget and is genuinely loved by all. I have given this recipe out more times than I can count. As a tip - if you don't have "creamy potato soup" on hand use mushroom soup - frankly I have never made it with the potato soup and everyone loves it!"
"And yes I will make this again and again!"
"I loved this hashbrown casserole and it works with my food plan. My husband does not like sour cream and will not eat anything that has sour cream but I did not tell him and he loved it."