Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
This recipe was so popular at the morning meetings of our Mothers of Preschoolers group that we published it in our newsletter. It's a great dish for busy moms because it can be prepared ahead of time. It's perfect for brunches or to serve on Christmas morning. It's creamy, comforting and tasty.Karen Burns, Chandler, Texas
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup,
- sour cream, 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Transfer
- to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 305 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.