Cheesy Hamburger Supper Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in gravy mix. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Arrange the onion, carrot and potatoes over beef. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 412 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Hamburger Supper
"amazing meal have fixed it twice in the last 2 weeks"
"This was good but somewhat lacking in flavor; we had to use quite a bit of salt and pepper at the table. Also, for some strange reason, even though I drained the browned beef completely; the finished dish was somewhat greasy."
"I had low expectations for this, but it turned out deliciously amazing! Added splash of Worcestershire sauce for a bit more tang. It took a long time for my potatoes to get tender (but I sliced them thick) but I prefer them that way. Only added a handful of cheddar at the end...the idea of cheese and carrots strikes me as a bit odd. Definitely will make - and enjoy - again soon."
"Very quick and simple and enough to feed my family and keep them full."
"This is the perfect comfort food! This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I don't feel like cooking or just want something quick and simple. It's easy and delicious!"
"Loved it! Really easy to make."
"I have been making this ever since it was first in the magazine, we all love it. I make just as written and I have doubled it. Slice the potatoes and carrots on the thin side, they will get done in time"
"In fairness, I did not use gravy mix—I used beef broth and thickened with corn starch. I appreciated how fast and easy it was to put together, sort of a shorthand shepherd's pie. It was a bit heavy for my tastes."
"Due to food allergies, I had to modify this recipe some - I used beef broth and a little flour to thicken it up instead of the water and envelope of brown gravy mix, and omitted the carrots. Everyone really liked it, will make again. However, maybe due to our high altitude, I had to cook it on the stovetop for 40 minutes to get the potatoes done and the meat/gravy mixture burned on the bottom. Next time, I think that I will bake it in the oven instead."
"I used minced onions to taste instead of the onion rings as my husband isn't a big onion lover and also doubled the recipe for my larger family. Everyone really liked it. I will definitely be using this again as it was fast and easy to prepare."
"It was good but not fabulous. Would make again."