Cheesy Hamburger Supper Recipe
"I have good memories of eating this meal-in-one often while growing up," writes Andrea Brandt from Newton, Kansas. "We all loved the flavor and seldom had leftovers. Instead of sprinkling it with cheddar, I sometimes create a cheese sauce using American cheese and milk. It makes it so cheesy!"
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in gravy mix. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Arrange the onion, carrot and potatoes over beef. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Hamburger Supper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC