- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat; stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Hamburger Noodle Bake
"The cream cheese is too much, and marinara sauce would make it lots better than tomato sauce."
"Great! I made this for my parents, and they loved it. My dad isn't a big meat eater and always says he won't eat what ever I make, but as usual, he ate a couple of helpings! My mother loved it as well. Great for a quick dinner on a weekend or holiday! I didn't have the garlic, so instead I used a teaspoon of minced garlic and didn't use the sugar. Tasty!"
"I used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt and added it in when browning the beef. I also added 1 TBSP italian seasoning to the meat mixture. Then, I topped the casserole with mozzarella while baking. When I make this again I will double the noodles and meat mixture. The cheese sauce was just enough as is. Very good recipe! Quick and easy to make!"
"started making this way back when you put in magazine.everyone loves it awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"A little bland for my taste. My husband loved it. I would make again, but would consider using additional spices."