Cheesy Hamburger Noodle Bake Recipe
Cream cheese and cottage cheese nicely balance the saucy ground beef and noodles in this hearty casserole. “It’s been a favorite for years.” —Charissa Dunn, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat; stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- 4. Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups equals 527 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 1,129 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC