Cheesy Ham Macaroni Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 11 crackers)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain macaroni; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham Macaroni(4)
Sort By :
Super yummy and easy! This fed 5 people, though. To be fair, two of them were teenage boys.
I used shells instead of elbow macaroni and fresh mushrooms instead of canned. My toddler and my husband and I loved it!
Our family really liked this recipe!!!
Made it for the first time, really easy and fast to get in the oven. Family and I liked it alot and will for sure be making it again. The only thing I didn't do was add the mushrooms, not a big fan.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >