- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 11 crackers)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos. Drain macaroni; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham Macaroni
Sort By :
"I substituted kilbasa for the ham, deleted the mushrooms and pimientos. It's wicked good"
"If you enjoy mac and cheese, you will enjoy this casserole. It is mac and cheese with a little different approach but still delicious.The only thing I did differently was to double the recipe and put in a 4 quart casserole dish."
"Super yummy and easy! This fed 5 people, though. To be fair, two of them were teenage boys."
"I used shells instead of elbow macaroni and fresh mushrooms instead of canned. My toddler and my husband and I loved it!"
"Our family really liked this recipe!!!"