Cheesy Ham Chowder Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham Chowder
Sort By :
"This is fantastic! I added some broccoli for a little more veggies. It's very filling, and it reheats well."
"This was good. I halved the recipe, carefully staying within the correct amount of ingredients. There was not enough liquid in proportion to ham and veggies. This soup was tremendously filling - must be the cheese :)"
"This is the recipe that officially got me into my mother-in-law's good graces. So so good."
"Made this tonight and I will make it again! Yummy!"
"This was outstanding! Will make again. I served it with corn bread which made it the perfect meal on a rainy fall day."