Cheesy Ham Chowder Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham Chowder
Sort By :
"Couldn't find my potato soup recipe so I decided to give this a try because it looked pretty close. I will no longer be looking for the other recipe because this one was even better plus it calls for cheddar which beats all the Velveeta in the old recipe."
"We loved the flavor and the consistency.. It was really easy to make."
"great for lunch on a very cold day"
"Omg this is so good, full of flavor.This is such a keeper, my kids will love this when they come home in the winter months!!"
"Loved this soup! A meal in itself!"