Cheesy Ham Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices process cheese, halved
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cubed cheese, ham, soup, butter, onion and pepper. Transfer into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and sour cream. Spread over ham mixture. Arrange cheese slices over top of potato mixture; sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 467 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1789mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham Casserole
"I make this for my family and it is a hit! They love it. It is definitely a keeper!"
"I made it just as it is and we really liked it. I did put a whole onion in the recipe tripled though. Next time I would probably add a green pepper. I saut?ed the onion in the butter before adding because with that much I didn't want it raw. It was quick and easy and I will make it again. It needs a picture! People are more apt to make dishes that have pictures. I would add one for you if I could because it looked very appetizing with the bacon and cheese on top!"
"First time I made this dish, knew it was a keeper. My husband could eat this entire casserole alone, so now I double it.Thank you for this recipe.Sincerely,"