Cheesy Ham Casserole
I've often increased this recipe for big family events. It's a hearty dish that goes over well with a couple of a crowd.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices process cheese, halved
- In a bowl, combine the cubed cheese, ham, soup, butter, onion and
- pepper. Transfer into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and sour cream. Spread over ham
- mixture. Arrange cheese slices over top of potato mixture; sprinkle
- with bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 467 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,789 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.