Cheesy Ham 'n' Noodles Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain noodles. Add the noodles, ham and peas to cheese sauce. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 380 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,767 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.