"I love to prepare this comforting dish to use up leftover ham," says Renee Schwebach from Dumont, Minnesota. "Peas add color and flavor."
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, ham and peas to cheese sauce. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Ham 'n' Noodles in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 58
Reviews for Cheesy Ham 'n' Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review