- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, ham and peas to cheese sauce. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Ham 'n' Noodles(5)
Sort By :
This was pretty awful. Cooking times were too long, rendering the noodles mush, and there were no spices/seasonings to impart some flavor...parsley alone just won't do it. Also, prep time was way too long for such a simple casserole (much longer than recipe states). I'll stick to my tried-and-true recipe for cheesy tuna or ham casseroles like this, thanks.
This was very good.
husband really likes
RE:Cheesy Ham 'n' Noodles
I have a similar recipe except I use a can of any cream soup and a half soup can of milk. We vary our recipe with chopped green pepper and onions instead of the peas. If you cook the onion and green pepper in a little water in the micro, you can put the casserole in the micro for 10 minutes instead of using the oven.
A little too dry for our taste. Good tasting, just would add a little more liquid next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >