Cheesy Ground Beef Soup with Veggies Recipe
My husband doesn't care for much for tomatoes, so I created this recipe that features lots of delicious cheese. We really enjoy steaming bowlfuls on cold winter days with fresh-from-the-oven corn bread. - Robin Counce, Arvada, Colorado
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup each frozen corn, peas and cut green beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. Add vegetables and water to the kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add V8 juice and the beef mixture; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Cheesy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p129
Reviews for Cheesy Ground Beef Soup with Veggies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review