Cheesy Green Rice Recipe
I like to serve this dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas - or for that matter, anytime we have guests. It's a "no-fail" recipe.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, parsley, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, green pepper and garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and peel, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir into the rice mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 310 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Green Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC