This creamy rice dish is a nice addition to a spicy meal. When I first tried it at a church potluck, I knew I had to have the recipe.—Laurie Fisher, Greeley, Colorado
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Green Chili Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p197
Reviews for Cheesy Green Chili Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review