Cheesy Green Chili Rice Recipe
This creamy rice dish is a nice addition to a spicy meal. When I first tried it at a church potluck, I knew I had to have the recipe.—Laurie Fisher, Greeley, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 388 calories, 22 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC